Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))
Week 8 pro football picks against the spread, ranked in order of confidence
Jason McIntyre here, and Im back picking every game on the Sunday slate, plus the Monday Night Football game. The most frequent question I get from you guys about gambling  besides GIVE ME PICKS  is how teams can look dominant one week, and then downright ugly the next.Let take my Jets, who beat the Cowboys, got everyone excited and then were pummeled by the Patriots on Monday Night Football. The answer, of course, is that the NFL is a week-to-week league. Like a cornerback who gets roasted on one play, you have to forget it instantly and move on. Forget last week results. Just forget them  10 of the 13 games had a spread of 4.5 or less. But this week, only four of the 14 games have a spread of 4.5 or less.As the separation between the contenders and the tankers increases, you see inflated spreads Malik Taylor Salute to Service T-Shirt. The sports books know that the public falls into betting on whoever looked good last week and inflates those spreads. So just know, if youe backing the Packers, Saints, Colts or Patriots this weekend, youe paying premium.Article continues below ...Drum roll please letget to the Week 8 picks, starting with my most confident to my least.14. Seattle Seahawks -3.5 at Atlanta FalconsWhen we recorded on Wednesday morning there was no line on the game. The reason being nobody knows what going on with Matt Ryan injury. But folks, it doesn matter! I don care if this line is five, six even seven. I like the Seattle Seahawks going on the road to bounce back after that brutal loss at home to the Ravens.The reason is simple Atlanta is done. They are a league worst 1-6 against the spread this year. They have a bye next week, and rumor has it everybody is focused on planning their upcoming vacations. Add in the fact that they just traded one of their better offensive players, Mohammed Sanu the Falcons are toast. Time is ticking for Dan Quinn; dont be surprised if hegone after the bye week. I like Seattle going on the road, at whatever the number is, when they find out the status of Matt Ryan.13. Philadelphia Eagles +2 at Buffalo BillsNow I know that this is Philadelphiathird straight road game, and it seems logical to bet against them. But I going to back the Eagles here  theye lost two straight and given up a lot to Dak Prescott and Kirk Cousins. Remember Josh Allen is not that good. Ill take Philadelphia getting two points in Buffalo.12. Carolina Panters +5 at 49ersHere a Super 6 for you! The undefeated 49ers have been playing lights out on both sides of the football. Jimmy G is now 14-2 as a starter in the NFL. Pretty on paper, but I still going to take Carolina getting the points  they lead the NFL in quarterback hits, and they lead in quarterback sacks. Im thinking they pressure Jimmy G big time maybe forcing him into a mistake or two.Also, keep an eye on the 49ers red zone defense  29th in the league in keeping teams out of the end zone could that foreshadow Christian McCaffery having a day Give me the Panthers getting five in San Francisco.11. New York Giants +7 at Detroit LionsIm shocked the Lions are somehow 7-point favorites. But folks, I have to take the Giants here. Remember They are 7-3 as road underdogs against the spread under Pat Shurmer Zack Johnson Salute to Service T-Shirt. The number I can get past is Detroit run defense or lack thereof. In the last six games, opponents have topped 100 yards rushing against them. You know what that means Saquon Barkley is in line for a monster game against Detroit. The way to beat the Giants is pressure Danny Dimes, but the Lions only have ten sacks this year. I like the New York Giants getting seven in Detroit.10. Houston -6  OaklandThe Oakland Raiders travel again, this time to Houston, where the Texans are 6-point home favorites. Folks, Oakland hasnt played a home game in over a month  this is just a brutal schedule Malik Taylor T-Shirt. I have to take Houston here. One quick note the Raiders on the road are 4-13-1 against the spread in their last 18 road games. Im picking the Texans and Deshawn Watson to win and cover against the Raiders.9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers +2.5 at Tennessee TitansBottom line The Titans stink. They are 1-4 against the spread at home. The Bucs are coming off a bye and have the number one run defense in the league. Do you trust Ryan Tannehill to beat you I sure don. Give me Tampa Bay getting two points in Tennessee.8. New York Jets +6 at Jacksonville JaguarsNot-so-hot take Everybody who watched Monday Night Football when the Jets were humiliated will bet on the Jaguars. So naturally, Im taking the New York Jets and six points in Jacksonville.7. Green Bay Packers -3.5 at Kansas City ChiefsThis is looking like a Sunday Night showdown. The Packers are 4-point favorites  the reason Patrick Mahomes has been ruled out for Sunday nightgame due to a knee injury he suffered from against the Broncos last week. Even without Mahomes, I taking Green Bay here. I cannot get past this porous Kansas City run defense   29th in the league. This should be a big game for Aaron Jones, and of course, Aaron Rodgers coming off one of the best games of his career expect him to light up the Kansas City secondary. The Chiefs just 1-5-1 against the spread in their last seven against NFC opponents. Il take the Packers favored by four on the road in Kansas City.6. Los Angeles Rams -13  Cincinnati BengalsThe best way to beat the Rams and Jared Goff is to sack Jared Goff. Atlanta didn touch him last week, and the Los Angeles Rams crushed the Falcons. The Bengals are 31st in the league in sacks they can generate any pressure. I think that Goff carves them up  give me the Rams by 13 against Cincinnati in London.5. Indianapolis Colts -6  Denver BroncosI love Indianapolis here. The Colts are an NFL best 4-1-1 against the spread. Denver, well, they just traded their best receiver Emmanuel Sanders. Im taking the Colts favored by 5.5 points at home.4. Arizona Cardinals +9.5 at New Orleans SaintsHere another Super 6 for you! Arizona is an unbelievable 3-0 against the spread with a rookie quarterback and a rookie head coach. But I going to take New Orleans here https://www.packerssalutetoservice.com/1...n_Sullivan. The reason is simple They are 16-0 against the spread in their last 16 October games. Shawn Peyton is a genius  give me the Saints favored by 9.5.3. Los Angeles Chargers +4 at Chicago BearsFlag this one Ita Super 6. Chicago is hosting the Los Angeles Chargers, and the Bears are the 4-point favorite. The Chargers have not won in Chicago since 1970 I think that stat will extend one more year. Im picking the Bears favored by four to beat the Chargers.2. Cleveland Browns +13 at New England PatriotsAnd one more Super 6 for you! Baker Mayfield and the Browns travel to New England. They are 13-point underdogs against Tom Brady, and I have to back the Patriots here  I sorry Baker. The New England defense are you ready for this Theye given up one passing touchdown, and they have 18 interceptions that is mind blowing. Good luck to Odell Beckham Jr. and Baker Mayfield. Im all in on the Patriots here.1. Pittsburgh Steelers -14  Miami DolphinsShould a backup quarterback ever be favored by two touchdowns  against anyone Probably not, but wee talking about the historically-bad Miami Dolphins here. Besides being winless, they rank 31st in offense and 32nd in defense . So why is the line dropping from 16.5 to 14 Well, Miami has covered two weeks in a row, and Mike Tomlin has not fared well as a double digit favorite, going 0-5 in his last five games.Youve got to take Pittsburgh here because the best unit on the field is the Steelers defensive line ; while the Dolphins line has given up 22 sacks to Josh Rosen and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  The worst ranked run defense in the NFL will have problems with James Conner and Benny Snell https://www.packerssalutetoservice.com/3...rd_De_Beer. Bet on Pittsburgh to win and cover.

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)